Tuesday, January 18, 2011

While the merry bells keeping ringing and waiting for this post

Yeah, I'm not the best blogger.  I like writing our our lives, but I dislike uploading photos and videos, so I usually procrastinate.  I wish I could say I'm too busy cooking gourmet meals or organizing the closets, but its more like I'm spending my free time playing bananagrams, wii - just dance 2, or reading. 

Anyway, lets see if I can stretch my mind way back to Christmas....


We attended many fun parties.  I always like this time of year because I get to see people I don't get to see very often.  It started out the weekend before Christmas where we got together with Scott's extended family.  The next day we got together with my immediate family for dinner, apples to apples, and gift exchange. 
My bro and sis-in-law are only in Michigan every other Christmas, so we celebrated early with them.
 A few days later we celebrated with an open house style party on my Mom's extended side.  Then on Christmas Eve we traveled to Belmont to my uncle Dan's house for the Bailey extended family.  That one is always the lively one!  I got hooked on Banagrams at this party while Scott and my parents watched Ellie.  She had a great time running all around there house chasing cousins.  Then she talked to my cousin's fiance over Skye who is stationed in Egypt.  She had a really fun time chatting, waving, and showing him her belly.  That was one of the highlights of the season.  On Christmas morning, I made oven french toast (I think this is going to be a tradition) and opened presents with Scott, Ellie, and Odie. 

Scott and I didn't exchange presents (because of our Jamaica trip) but sneaky Ellie got me a gift card to Design 1.  Scott (errr. I mean Ellie) even schedule the appointment for me and remembered my favorite therapist.  Awesome!  Ellie was not enthusiastic at all with her gifts, so that was a little disappointing.  We got her a battery operated atv, Elmo video, busy ball popper, and maybe some other things I can't remember right now.

  Other favorite gifts were her Elmo etch a sketch from Aunt Janice, mega blocks from Ryan/Joy, table and chairs from grandma mars, tea set from Dan and and Linda, and grow with me kitchen from Grandma/Grandpa Bailey.

After nap time, we finished Christmas off at Scott's moms up in Sparta.
We ate yummy ham, hung out, and exchange gifts.  It was the perfect ending to a great season.

No comments:

Post a Comment