Friday, January 7, 2011

I'm hungry, so hungry!

I've suffered with migraines for a very long time.  They peaked in college, got better in pregnancy, and now they just annoy me to no end with their every other day pattern.  I stumbled upon Heal Your Headache: The 1-2-3 Program for Taking Charge of Your Pain and was very intrigued.  The reviews were very positive, and what did I have to lose?  I was very intimidated by the whole plan, especially the diet.  I have to give up coffee, anything with caffeine, alcohol, hard or aged cheese, nuts, peanut butter, citrus fruit and juice, onions, vinegar, yogurt, sour cream, MSG (and the items it hides in), bananas, avocados, CHOCOLATE among many other things.  What on earth can I eat?  I'm happy to say I've made it FIVE WHOLE DAYS and I'm still alive!  I had major caffeine withdrawal for the first four days.  Not a joy to be around.  But today I woke up headache free with more energy than I've had in awhile.  I'm excited to see how the next few weeks unfold.  Not as excited to come up with meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment