Tuesday, January 18, 2011

18 months going on 8 years

Ellie Bellie is such a big girl!  We just had the 18 month visit and here are the stats: 23lbs 8 oz (38%) and 33 inches (85%).  She smiled instead of screamed at the doctor, but the tears poured out as soon as the nurse walked in with that scary needle.  I asked about her pickiness when it comes to food, but he said it is totally normal at this age.  Overall it was an uneventful appointment.

I can't believe how fast time goes by.  She is a little person walking and talking and not my baby anymore.  This morning she said "more cheerios" and I've never even heard her say cheerios before.  I told her "they're all gone" but she showed me otherwise by pointing to the box in the corner.  She is combining more words and says things like "door open" "snows cold" and "up please"  She loves to color and is getting better at the color names.  She is still climbing a lot and we're not quite sure how to stop it.  Elmo is still her best friend besides momma.  She is in a momma phase right now and is a bit clingy.  Sometimes she'll cry when daddy tries to hold her and beg for me instead.  That part is pretty sad, but it doesn't happen too often.  She also started crying again at daycare drop off which she hasn't done for months, but I'm hoping that is just her getting back to her schedule.  I had her home with me for around 3 weeks during Christmas, and I think she got used to that. 

Yogurt: One of the few things she'll eat

No comments:

Post a Comment