Saturday, October 31, 2009

This time next year




On October 31, 2008 we thought "This time next year we'll have a 3 month old baby (God willing)." What a difference a year makes!


One year ago, I never changed a diaper. I maybe held 2 newborns for a combined time of 5 minutes. I had no idea babies need to sleep on their backs. Drool seriously grossed me out. I HATED pictures of babies with food on their face. I wondered if my baby would be scared that I don't know how to take care of him/her? What on earth do they even wear? The first trimester felt like a test I had to pass, then came the thrill of finding out the gender and then countdown to labor.


Now this is our lives! Drool is my new moisturizer and diapers are "no problem, mon." She's developing more every day. In a few months we'll see if i think pictures of Ellie with food on her face are cute. Then we'll KNOW I've completely changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment