Saturday, October 9, 2010

Breaking free

Up until last weekend, Scott and I have not had an overnight stay away from Ellie. Thanks to Grandma Mars, we were able to get away for the evening. I would be lying if I said I was 100% ready or excited to go. I was getting pretty anxious the entire week leading up to the departure, but once we dropped off, it was wonderful.

We had an uneventful drive through Detroit on the way to the Milner hotel. My typical paranoid personality researched bedbugs before we left and I was ready to inspect. I investigated and everything seemed clear. The hotel was actually nicer than I expected, but definately old. The two block walk from the stadium is totally worth it. After settling in, we had pizza with our friends Dan and Beth who were also at the game. Thanks for letting us crash your anniversary dinner!


The game was fun but cold. In the first inning the twins scored 5 runs, so I was bracing for a cold, long, boring game. The tigers came back to win, but it took 14 innings. 4.5 hours! I didn't really feel the time as it was so nice to be at a game again!



The game began with a few beers. Yum!

And ended with a few cocoas. Yum!

Fireworks after the game (still at the stadium)

I slept like a baby and didn't wake up until after 9:00. We grabbed some continental fare at the hotel and hit the road. We briefly stopped at 12 oaks mall on the way home but focused most of our time at the outlet mall near Howell. We went completely overboard buying clothes for Ellie and ran out of time to look for much for ourselves. She'll be amazingly dressed this season.

What a great time away. I think we need to do this more often, maybe some place more tropical next time? ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment