Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Way Back Wednesday Part 2

Ellie's Birthday from way back. The lazy blogging catchup continues below.

We celebrated Ellie's first birthday with family and friends on July 18. It was fun, but I think I went a little overboard. I set the stage to my own destruction by ordering custom invitations. They were absolutely adorable (just like our peanut) though!
They looked like this and maybe I'll get around to scanning Ellies actual invite someday:
We had lots of pink! Pink cups, plates, tablecloths, napkins, forks, spoons, knives, balloons, banners, yard signs! We placed the silverware in cute little green buckets. I was impressed with my skilz!

We also ordered way too many balloons. It took 45 minutes to untangle them once we got home.
I think they were worth it and they jazzed the place up a bit.



We had about 35 guests (including lots of adorable baybies) over to our small home for a full lunch.

We grilled hotdogs (beef, no nitrate yum yums) and burgers. I also made veggie pizza, chips (does one make chips?), potato salad, and watermelon. My mom made the cream cheese jello to help me out - thanks Mom!

We ordered cake from Noel's bakery in Jamestown which is where we got our wedding cake from.
It was massive and I regretted making additional cupcakes incase we ran out of the other cake. She enjoyed her banana cupcake and approached it with a hands-free attack.



Ellie scored lots of loot. Toys for now, clothes, toys for later, clothes for when she's 16... Well maybe not that, but lots and lots of clothes.

We were so grateful that everyone could come celebrate with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment