Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Memories!

As we near the end, I wanted to share some of my favorite pregnancy moments. Enjoy!
  • Announcing our pregnancy to my parents with pink/blue cupcakes. They didn’t have a clue even after I said “Do you want a boy or girl cupcake?”
  • Mike and Becky collaborating on my at work birth plan. I think Becky will be disappointed if I don’t go into labor at work!
  • Throwing up multiple times while babysitting our nephew and smelling his poopy diapers – kudos to Scott for taking care of those.
  • Trying not to throw up at work and sweating (literally) over everything in the process.
  • Getting fat fast so it wasn’t too much of a surprise when announcing the news at 13 weeks.
  • A female coworker who shall remain nameless complementing me on my amazing cleavage. I think it was pretty amazing before pregnancy.
  • A male coworker who shall remain nameless touching my stomach and asking me if I work out.
  • Waking up on Christmas around the end of my first trimester with an appetite for the first time in weeks.
  • Finding out it is a girl (hopefully). First girl on Scott’s side in a very long time! So much excitement!
  • Feeling baby move for the first time and beyond. She is pretty good about not kicking me too hard or keeping me up during the night. Such an amazing feeling!
  • Sharing this experience with friends, particularity Alison, Beth, Missy, Christine, Amy, and Jessica. It was so nice to have a support group and share similar experiences. It was also fun to go out for lunch at Moe’s in “packs” and get stared at.
  • Hips en fuego!!!
  • Being smiled at all the time.
  • Taking 5 minutes to get out of bed.
  • My boss saying “what happens in Vegas doesn’t stay in Vegas” many times. He thinks he’s funny.
  • Getting an awesome hotel upgrade in Chicago because the check-in lady must really like pregnant people.
  • My cute beagle resting his head on my bump. He looks at me with the sweetest puzzled look when she kicks his chiny chin chin.
  • Eating whatever I want. Personal favorites: grapefruit, OJ, ice cream, cheeze-itz, English muffins toasted with peanut butter and roasted marshmallows, Hebrew National hotdogs (holy these are amazing!)
  • Not fitting through narrow spaces
  • Waking up in the middle of the night with stomach acid shooting out of my mouth
  • Crazy dreams: Odie rescuing me from Scott as he tries to stab me, the baby falling out and trying to put her back in… I wish I could remember more of them!
  • 24 hour urine collections. Awesome!
  • Not having to lift boxes.
  • Bending down is always a fun challenge.
  • Drinking Labatt non-alcoholic beer. Yum!
  • Getting asked by the receptionist at the doctors’ office if I was having twins.
  • Getting weepy all the time, most country songs were off limits so I had to switch to booty shaking music.
  • Visiting the bathroom 7 times per night is considered a good night.
  • During the last month, sitting on super absorbent puppy pads so my water won’t ruin furniture, the car, Beth’s couch, etc.
  • Writing this list :) Ah the memories!





2 comments:

  1. No birth plan necessary...sigh. I saved it though if you want to put it in her baby book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chip knows what he's talking about with those hot dogs. :-)

    ReplyDelete