Sunday, February 21, 2010

Too busy for a title

Last week was a whirlwind as usual! We had a really great Valentines day thanks to my wonderful husband, cheese fondue, and wine. Scott surprised me with Carrie Underwood tickets even though we agreed on no gifts, but to his credit, he bought them way before he agreed on the no gifts. Adding to the awesomeness of the gift, the concert date falls on April twenty-turd, which is our dating anniversary. Unintentionally, we celebrate our dating anniversary more than our wedding anniversary, probably because travel is cheap in April. We took a cruise 3 years ago, went to Mexico two years ago, went to Chicago one year ago, and this year we'll be at a concert. Now that I think of it, each year is getting slightly less exciting and maybe next year we'll find ourselves at Chuckecheese when the 23rd rolls around. Anyway, it was very sweet of him! We also made cheese fondue and enjoyed some yummy wine we got at Robinettes. We bought a case right before I found out I was pregnant, so we've been having fun making up for lost time over the last couple of months.

Ellie had a very exciting week and took her first step toward an exciting career in marketing. She started the day hanging out with some coworkers while I presented the new covers at our sales conference. Later in the day, I exploited her in another presentation about a Bible geared towards new moms. She did SO good. She just looked around while I held her and talked about the Bible. She added some "ba bas" and razzes at the perfect times. She fell asleep in my arms at the end while the rest of the team finished the presentation. I mainly used her cuteness to detract some attention from myself, but I think it added at lot to the presentation. I've been pushing her toward a career as a pharmacist, but maybe marketing will be her thing! I was so nervous that she was going to freak out, especially after being at work for a few hours before her big moment and missing her nap, but it was perfect! I wish I would have remembered my camera!

I can't believe she is 7 months old! She is waving bye-bye and giving high-fives, but only on her own terms. She is wiggling around on he tummy more and I don't think it will be much longer until she is crawling. She still has no interest in sitting up on the floor. She just wants to stand, but if i can get her to sit, she starts reaching for everything. She loves to eat her solids and attacks the spoon so violently she sometimes misses her mark and ends up with food all over her cheek. She is getting her two front teeth, which makes for 6 total. The left one is mostly through and the right is sooo close. Hopefully we'll all be a little happier and less fussy once that is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment